Downhills Refresh Release Notes
The updated Downhills brings more reliability (by refactoring code, self-developed rich editor), slick experience, feasible Edgeless mode and a few other fixed bugs for you to use.
1) New Features
Apart from those fixed bugs, we also have been working on bettering our user experience with more comprehensive and cool features. Here are some new features coming soon:
- AFFiNE Refactor Roadmap (#1197)
- With a fast loading speed, and a more seamless operating experience
- Refactor(blocks): replace AFFiNE Quill with Virgo (#1433)
- Considering there is a range of bugs related to the use of Quill, hence, we self-developed our rich editor called Virgo, would say that Virgo brings more capability to cover huge amounts of content while maintaining use stability and reliability with even faster loading speed compared to Quill. Most importantly, it is open-source and free to use!!
- Feat(Edgeless): support for far more functions in Edgeless mode
- https://github.com/toeverything/blocksuite/pull/1418 ; https://github.com/toeverything/AFFiNE/issues/1248 ; https://github.com/toeverything/blocksuite/pull/1458 ; https://github.com/toeverything/AFFiNE/pull/1151 ;
- The Edgeless mode supports far more functions with a new toolbar, like "offer the pen to drawing", "support text function with various formats" and "new type of transition between Edgeless and Paper mode", to make it easier to use and closer to a productive environment
- Add the "Recent area" in the "Quick Search"
- Use ⌘ + K or Ctrl +k to activate Quick Search. Then you can search keywords or quickly open recently viewed pages.
Making AFFiNE the most reliable all-in-one knowledge management base is one of our main concerns. We consistently work hard on fixing bugs and continue to work on developing and improving the user experience. Here are some issues, and bugs that are most concerned by our users and us:
- Fixed: Confusing "wait for sync" button on signing out for users without Cloud Workspace (#791)
- Fixed: Logging out of the account will also redirect to the 404 page (#861)
- Fixed: Invalid login status after refreshing the app (web) (#964)
3) Workspace CRUD
Workspaces revived major updates in the last release. A lot of focus is put into this feature as your journey with AFFiNE starts with a workspace. So it's important to make sure the process of creating, editing, reading, and deleting workspaces is fluent and intuitive. Here's how we have improved that process:
- Fixed: Homepage avatar is different from the public workspace avatar (#907)
- Fixed: Unexpected 404 on deleting workspace #797
- Fixed: Missing name for some workspaces (#815)
- Fixed: Clicking on "open in new tab" can not jump to the right pages (#834)
- Fixed: Local workspace data was lost after refreshing page (#848)
- Fixed: The avatar of the workspace setting is not as same as the public workspace (#1021)
- Fixed: Unable to delete the last word in workspace name input (#816)
4) Invitation & collaboration
Building on workspaces, the collaboration features are core to enabling a multiplayer experience to allow you to create, edit and share with others. As such an integral part of AFFiNE, we continue to prioritise the stability and usability of this function. Some updates include:
- Fixed bug: Unable to implement the publish, export and other functionalities as the invitation step is done (#959)
- Fixed bug: Invalid invite button state on inviting member again (#800)
- Fixed bug: Clicking "Accept & Join in" in the invitation email will briefly show a page with an invalid link (#868)
- Fixed bug: Wrong workspace opened when others opened shared workspace (#805)
The editor is one of the components you interact with most. It provides you with some of the most basic functionality, providing you with the necessary features to write your doc.
- Fixed bug: the first input in the code block gets input twice, like if I input "X" the first time it will be printed as "XX" (#1027)
- Fixed bug: Unable to keep block-level selection state on scroll (#1020)
- Fixed bug: when clicking on the right side I expect the cursor to go to the end of the word, but it does not (#1387)
We strongly believe that stable persistence matters a lot in terms of our user experience, since no one hopes to see their data lost or the state of the workspace that is not the same as the last time they opened it. Hence, there's a series of bugs being fixed as well.
- Fixed bug: Unable to wait for synchronization to complete, have to force sign out (#799)
- Fixed bug: Unable to remember the state of last-time-opened workspace in My Workspaces popup window (#835)
7) UI style
The UI is important in allowing you to interact with AFFiNE and make use of its functions. We continue to adapt and improve our UI to ensure that users are able to easily find what they are looking at quickly and efficiently.
- Fixed bug: Sidebar container display issue in a short viewport (#853)
- Fixed bug: Need to change "Settings" to "Workspace Settings" (#1129)
Your feedback and ideas are invaluable to us because this content is designed for you. So, let us know which parts you love, which parts you still have problems with, and what we can do to improve your experience. If you have anything to share, don't hesitate to reach out to us across any of our social channels.
- Discord: https://discord.gg/Arn7TqJBvG
- Telegram: https://t.me/affineworkos
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/AffineOfficial
- Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Affine
- Medium: https://medium.com/@affineworkos
- GitHub: https://github.com/toeverything/AFFiNE
- Community: https://community.affine.pro/home